Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Tragedy of The Commons

I wasn't in class for the lab so I decided to do the lab at home on my own. I decided before I started that it was a better idea to take the fish from the common pond rather than my independent pond because that is the human instinct, to be selfish. But then i thought it would be a better idea to take about 4-5 fish from the common pond and then take about 1-3 fish from my independent pond. This way is the best way in my opinion because there will be more fish that are able to be reproduced and be able to continue to dip into each pond and not stop the reproduction in either pond.
The human instinct is to be selfish and take as many fish as possible from the common pound and make there money that way rather than taking from the independent pond because they don't want to have a pond that doesn't have fish to reproduce . If I did this with a group then this would be a good way of conserving and making money along with reproducing and we would be able to continue to dip into the common and the independent pond without wiping the fish out permanently.


No comments:

Post a Comment